The Servitenkirche Mariä Verkündigung is a Roman Catholic parish church in the 9th district of Alsergrund Vienna. The Baroque sacral building dates back to the 17th century and became the architectural model of many later Baroque churches. It was originally a religious church of the Servites, since 1783 until today iit is parish church of the Alsergrund parish of Rossau in the district of Rossau. It is considered one of the most important suburban churches in Vienna from the early Baroque period.
In cooperation with Treberspurg & Partner Architekten and the Federal Monuments Authority Austria, an invetory of the damage was carried out in advance. For the static and safety-related aspects, we accompanied the restoration work in 7 construction phases over the last few years. Due to the next construction phase, it was necessary to move the badly damaged church benches. With the help of some church employees and long-established people, a cost-effective, simple and gentle method was developed. Under the professional supervision of the Federal Monuments Authority Austria, the contiguous church benches were carefully covered with steel and teflon bearing slabs and moved with a lot of feeling and two lifting presses.
After the project was successful and the enthusiasm of all those present, all other church benches will also find their new place.